The Farm Farmington! initiative was started in 2017 as part of a National Association of Conservation Districts (NACD) Urban Agriculture Conservation Grant. The purpose of the project was for San Juan SWCD to provide conservation technical assistance and program support to the current upwelling of community agriculture initiatives in our District, and facilitate the support of urban agriculture in the region.
- Farm Farmington! guide to urban agriculture – Download and share this guide for a review of local agriculture initiatives in the area, regional land use history, resources for starting a garden, and suggestions for creative partnerships.
- Community garden and agriculture map – Interactive map showing locations of community gardens, growers markets, school gardens, and more!
- Low cost home gardening guide – Several short documents for DIY gardening for beginners.
- New Beginnings community garden operations manual – This link will take you to the “Garden Overview” section. Full document is available from our office – contact us if you are interested in a copy.
- Local Foods, Local Places – Farmington was awarded an EPA Local Foods Local Places grant in 2018, and has since launched a local food task force.
- NACD Urban Agriculture Conservation Grant reports – For more detail on tasks completed under this grant, take a look at our grant reports.
- GoodFoodNM – GoodFoodNM is a bilingual, statewide health texting program that promotes good food and healthy eating to New Mexicans. Get healthy food tips delivered directly to your phone!
- Ag Notes Newsletter – Seasonal updates on what’s happening in the area, including upcoming workshops and events!